As a leader in the dental integration industry, the DIA sets an example when it comes to ethical values and professional standards. The Professional & Technical Standards sets out the minimum rules we must all follow as members of the DIA. Our Standards guide our decisions and it builds trust with our clients and peers. Our Professional and Technical Standards represents our commitment to do the right thing.
Mission: The Dental Integrators Association was formed to improve the quality of dental technology integration for the benefit of both client, practices and member firms.
If approved, DIA members must adhere to specified Technical Standards.
Following is a simplified list of said Standards
- Use only authorized software
- Documented management processes
- Employee management policy that addresses HIPAA and HITECH
- Implement the following that meets specific criteria
- Business Class Servers and Cloud Solutions
- Business Class Firewalls
- Automated Backup Systems
- Business Class Antivirus and Antimalware/Spyware Software
- Complex Server Passwords
- Comply with all HIPAA/HITECH rules and regulations
- Maintain Errors & Omissions Insurance Policy
- Maintain specified level in Microsoft Partner Network